It's not always easy to know which size to choose, so we'll try to give you a little help.
Then there are the general principles:
- English sizes are equal to French sizes: a size 42 corresponds to a size 8 among our friends across the Channel
- American sizes are undersized: an English size 8 will be a size 9 for our friends across the Atlantic
- And then there are the Italians who oversize: if you are a size 8 among the English, you will be 7.5 among our Latin friends
- Last general principle, if you have pain, it's too small. When you try on a new pair of shoes, it's normal that you feel constraint, it's even desirable, you will be well supported over time but if you are in pain, you will be in pain all the time, the pair is too small . A constraint yes, a pain no.
And like all general principles have particularities:
- At the house of Santoni we can refine according to the stitching. If you are a size 8UK
- For Blake sewn you will choose a 7.5
- For Goodyear welts you will choose a 7
- If you want one loafer, we invite you to take 1.2 sizes below your usual size so that your foot is well supported, unless you have a strong kick: in this case, stay on your size
- For Santoni sneakers, the shape Cleanic is generous, take 1 size smaller than your usual Santoni size and 1/2 for shape Gloria.
And if you're still a little lost, well we're here, by email or by phone +33 4 72 04 26 40 and we will guide you to refine your size together.
In the meantime, here's a quick general recap: